- The recent Occupy Wall Street movement, has now spread globally to 951 cities in 82 countries. How far is there a “community” element to this movement?
- Does such a movement, as former President Bill Clinton says, “need to be for something rather than just against something”?
Natasha Macnab, Gary Thomas and Ian Grosvenor
The changing nature of ‘connectivity’ within and between communities
Aims and objectives
Our aims are to:
- Understand the kinds of connections that may occur in communities, how these are changing and how these changes are happening in social and historical contexts
- Inform and stimulate discussion about connectedness in communities in a way that will be of value to researchers doing work for the Programme.
- Discover evidence about how connections within communities are changing and how this is impacting on quality of life.
- Examine evidence about community-based interventions and the role of connectivity within these.
- Begin to provide an articulation between research expertise and communities themselves.